-->

Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Fond Farewell to Summer

It is a bittersweet time as summer comes to a close and kids go back to school.  I look forward to the crisp, cool fall days and am excited to get back into a routine, but a part of me is sad to see the lazy days of summer end.  I wanted to make another summer card before autumn began.  I chose to use this cute bowl of lemons from the PTI Bowl of Sunshine stamp set and dies.  I used some yellow chevron and blue patterned paper for the background. I die cut the collander and lemons and stamped them using Dew Drops Mementos ink in Dandelion, London Fog, and Bamboo Leaf.  I stamped the sentiment on a small rectangle of white cardstock with Dew Drops Mementos ink in Danube Blue.  I used a tiny hole punch to punch a hole in either side of the rectangle and added a yellow brad at each end.  I am happy with the result.  It makes me think of a tall glass of cold lemonade on a hot summer day.



1 comment:

  1. I love it! It's the perfect card for the end of summer and it's my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete