-->

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Make it Monday #178: Back to School Easel Card

Creating a back to school easel card for this week's PTI Make It Monday challenge was such fun.  School began on Tuesday, so this theme was right in line with getting my children and myself back into our school year routine.  This card was super easy to make and I love the techniques used for making the cute little chalkboard.  First I measured and cut my cardstock to create a top fold card.  Then, I used a die to cut the bottom to make two "legs" for the easel.  I embossed the cardstock to create a woodgrain look.  Next, I cut a small rectanglefrom dark gray cardstock to serve as the chalkboard.  I stamped the edges with white ink and dabbed a little all over with my finger.  I stamped some large and small apples across the top of the board and letters at the bottom.  Then, I cut a red scalloped circle and a white plain circle.  I stamped the apple tag with paper lines (from PTI's 2009 Autumn Tags) with lime green ink and the sentiment, "Back to School" (from PTI's Tag-Its #6) with Tuxedo black ink. Finally, I glued a miniature clothes pin to the chalkboard and clipped the tag using the clothes pin.  The chalk inking is a bit smugged, but I think that adds to the chalkboard feel.  Overall, I am happy with the result.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty card! I love the pop of color in the middle of the chalkboard.

    ReplyDelete