-->

Sunday, May 3, 2015

PTI Make It Monday #210: Using Vellum to Soften Patterns

This week at PTI, Lizzie Jones shows us a quick and easy technique using vellum to soften bold background patterns.  You can see of the details in her video by clicking on the link below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4TPqFMrOec&feature=player_embedded
Aren't these cute?  I just love the hugs one in the middle.

MIM 210 Vellum Card Trio 2

After a quick scan of my stamp collection, I decided to use Ruby Reprise and stamped my background using Hibiscus Burst, Summer Sunrise, and Limeade Ice as well at Mementos Tangelo inks.  Next, I cut my frame fro Limeade Ice using the Shakers and Sprinkles rectangle die.  I used the same die to cut the stripped vellum.  The thanks sentiment was cut out of black cardstock using the new Enclosed:  Apple die.  I just trimmed the word thanks from the inside of the apple.  Everything came together rather quickly and I add orange enamel dot stickers to the corners of my frame as a finishing touch.  All in all, this was a fun challenge and I am going to try adding vellum to more of my projects in the future.











1 comment:

  1. I love this card! The colors are so bright and vibrant and I love the patterned vellum you chose. It's looks fabulous in person!

    ReplyDelete