-->

Saturday, May 16, 2015

City Crafter Challege - Focus on Flowers

This week at City Crafter the challenge is to focus on flowers.  Well, the sunny is shining and the birds are chirpping and the flowers are blooming, so along with this inspiration photo, I've got plenty of ideas for creating something special.



I like the green, white, and gold in this photo and I absolutely loved the guest designer, Jenelle's card, but I really wanted to work with some different color combinations that I hadn't used before.  I haven't done any "smooshing" in a while and felt I could create a pretty background using that technique.  I decided on a mix of inks by Papertrey Ink in Lavender Moon and Berry Sorbet and a Momentos ink called Dandelion.  The background turned out beautifully!  I then stamped my sentiment using versa-mark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Next, I die cut and stamped some PTI Bitty Bouquets using the same ink colors and PTI spring moss for the stems and leaves.  I wanted the flowers to pop out, so I adhered them with some foam tape.  This is the finished product.



4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the colors you smooshed with. They blended beautifully! I love the embossed sentiment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab take on our challenge using the smooshing technique.Such a lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background and the colours of the sweet flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete