-->

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Merry Monday #129: Neon Colors

My husband and I were out of town last wee, so unfortunately, I was unable to upload and post my card prior to the deadline.  However, I decided that it would still be fun to make a card anyway.  Now, neon is not what I typically think of when my thoughts turn toward Christmas.  I am more of a traditionalist who chooses red, green, and gold.  This challenge forced me to step outside my comfort zone and think beyond those usual Christmas colors.  I began looking through some of my brighter patterned papers and decided to use one from the PTI Sprinkles and Shakers kit.  The paper inspired the hot pink and teal stamped trees and the orange "Merry & Bright" banner.  It also led me to create a shaker card.  I decided to cut a card a bit longer than my usual A-2 cards.  I added hot pink, teal, and orange sequins and sparkles.  I used the oval shaker dies and choose orange for the stitched oval and white for the scalloped oval.  I had a little trouble with some of my sequins sticking to the top of my shaker, but that stuff is so sticky, that there was no turning back.  I can be somewhat of a perfectionist, but I certainly wasn't going to ditch the card and start over because a few sequins were out of place.  I kind of like the bright colors and think the shaker gives it a festive look.


No comments:

Post a Comment