-->

Sunday, November 15, 2015

City Crafter Challenge - Dye it! (or die it!)

In an attempt to build up my supply of Christmas cards and improve my card making skills, I am looking at more and more card challenges.  This week's City Crafter Challenge had me sorting through my myriad dies trying to find something inspiring.
City Crafter Challenge Blog

It was a bit of a challenge not to use any stamps at all.  However, I decided to use these dies from last year's PTI Tinsel and Tags kit along with my new quilted tag die and the word "peace." I also added a snowflake from the quilted winter set.  I went with a monocromatic color scheme, but felt it needed a pop of color.  That's when I decided to add the red ribbon and to trim down that patterned paper and add the pure poppy cardstock as a base.  I threaded a couple of jingle bells through some gray and white baker's twine and tied them around the ribbon.  A few rainstones finished my card front.  (Maybe I'll stamp on the inside!)  Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my card.  I hope it leaves you looking forward to the Christmas season!



5 comments:

  1. I love this so much! The neutral tone on tone is beautiful and the pop of red is perfect! Love the jingle bells as well..so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an amazing crafter--just looked at your last 2 posts & wow--fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous tag!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this. That qulted tag die adds a subtle touch to the background and white on white with a touch of red is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete